Thursday 14 April 2016

Buy one, get one free...

Two blog entries in one evening!

The other is the brief story of my final "voyage" as skipper of "Erbas

With that task complete, I set about having a tidy up in the saloon on "Pagan" which looked like a bomb site!

It was, to be honest, largely a case of shoving stuff in lockers or up in the v-berth and having a dust and wipe down. There's kit all over the place in the rest of the boat but at least the saloon is now habitable!

There's no shortage of stowage space aboard "Pagan" but we need a major session of organising what goes where and sorting out containers and so on. In the fullness of time, I think I'll be adding some shelves to the lockers above the saloon settees which are very tall and therefore difficult to make the best use of

Galley stores is another issue. At the moment, my food supply is shoved willy nilly into the starboard forward locker above the settee but that's not ideal. Much to do!

With as much sorting as I was going to get done done, I warmed up a pan of beans and bits for dinner. My meal was enlivened by a Facebook post of a picture of "Pagan" from the river!

It took me a moment or two to figure it out but it transpired that a friend, Steven, who's boat is in the marina was out for a jolly on his friends motorboat

When they came back upriver they came a-calling up the inside of the pontoon ...

I dread to think what the running costs are but they do get places quickly do them motor boats!

 They look down on us yotties though! It's a long way up to the fly bridge, I reckon I'd get vertigo! .....

That bit of excitement over, I settled down for a quiet evening on board.

No music tonight, no telly, just a warm cabin, the glow of the oil lamp on the woodwork and a glass of very good scotch!

Tomorrow I'm off back to Kettering as it's Dad's 80th birthday dinner on Saturday night. Plus the eldest and the dear lady wife have found and had an offer accepted on a really nice looking house and doubtless there'll be paperwork to sign

I'm back down on Monday or early Tuesday morning as I have several days work in Brightlingsea lined up next week plus I need to do some more digging to prepare our berth for "Pagan". The tides are right next weekend to get her on there and I can't lurk on the river pontoon forever!

So here's a goodnight photo (if you haven't seen it already on Facebook!) ...


Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment