Friday 26 May 2017

Spring Cruise 2017 - Day 1

Summer is icumen in. Is it ever!

It's been seriously hot the last couple of days and of course this is my busy time of year work wise. But all work and no play etc.

Jane has 12 whole days off so yesterday I drove up to Kettering, had the van serviced and did my laundry ready for a very early start back down to Essex this morning.

We had a good run down, for once and arrived earlier than we'd thought we might. On stepping aboard, the dodgy duckboard in the cockpit, which I've been meaning to beef up, gave up and I put my foot through it!

Ho hum.

After a bit more sleep, I cut a piece of ply to suit and screwed it down as a temporary fix. Some nifty work with the table saw and bench planer will be needed to make new teak sections to rebuild it but that will have to wait

My next mission was to sort out a working light in the guest cabin ready for the arrival later of my cousin who is joining us for the weekend. Then it was all hands to tidy boat

Tomorrow, I need to complete the new autohelm install (it needs power and I need to figure out a means, even if only temporary, of securing the motor).

And on Sunday it's the third Fambridge River Festival which promises to be bigger and better than ever this year.

Monday will see us off our berth late afternoon and, if all goes to plan, underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment