Monday 16 May 2016

There is nothing...

Half so much worth doing a simply messing about on boats

So today I've simply been messing about on Pagan!

My main mission was to access the water tank and measure it to work out the capacity

Once I'd unscrewed the base of the v-berth the tank was visible...



It's big and it's complicated! I've got some reasonably accurate measurements but it's going to take some working out and I had better things to do today

Whilst I had the berth cushions off, I had a look at the three stowage spaces under there.



The forward space is probably of little practical use as it's not very big and awkward to get at

However, the spaces aft under the head ends of the berths would be useful but they'll need lining out and the port side is badly compromised by the water tank plumbing...



That will need sorting!

With the v-berth back together and my bedding made up, after I'd had a good clean before putting the cushions back, it was time for a spot of lunch

Then I headed up to the yard to spend a couple of hours organising the container. It's by no means tidy yet but I've made a useful start.

Back aboard for coffee, then it was out with the laptop to update the operating system on the chart plotter. The latest, and final, version of the software allows higher capacity flash cards to work and has better AIS handling.

Whilst I had the card reader out, it made sense to update the charts too and then I had a bit of a play with the plotter

That confirmed something I already suspected - a lot of useful functions and facilities are limited or non - functional without a heading sensor (electronic compass)

As the autopilot I plan to fit this year includes a built in heading sensor, this won't be a problem for long

Then it was time for dinner and a bit of telly. Sleep, however, is proving elusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment