Tuesday 30 August 2016

Progress update



The sterngear is now all done. The only remaining engineering jobs are to fit a breather tube to the shaft seal and to nail the fuel filter back onto its mounting (I caught it with my foot and the screws pulled out!)

I've decided to just fit a breather to the shaft seal rather than plumb a water supply to it temporarily as I'll be revising the engine plumbing when I fit the calorifier. It just means that for now we'll have to "burp" the seal (push the bellows away from the seal to let some water in) after drying out

The first coat of Woodskin has gone on the rubbing strakes, two more to go, and the bits of the rudder and rudder post that won't be accessible have had two coats of antifoul

That means we should have the rudder back in in the morning.

I'm still waiting for the topsides paint which may arrive tomorrow or may be Thursday. As I've a job to do in Limehouse in the next few days I'll have to work around that. It may mean getting on with the antifoul although I'd rather paint the topsides first

And I've booked the relaunch for the 15th of September so we're now on a deadline!

As well as customer jobs, between now and then I've got a gig in Warwickshire and we're moving house having finally managed to buy a new place

That's the final step in the chain of events which started with putting the old house on the market the best part of a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment