Thursday 25 August 2016

Propped and flat

Over the last few days, I've reinstalled the stern gear all but. Just got the final tightening of the prop nut to do and the water feed to the new stern gland to sort out



The epoxy coating of the hull is nearly finished. James and Adam came round on Monday and pit propped the boat so I could drop the cradle pads and epoxy the final bits. Before and after...





I'm letting the protective coating harden off for a few days so I can feather in the edges before applying the primer coat

Meanwhile, after wasting a couple of days and more than a few quid on paint trying to touch up the topsides, I've given up and decided to repaint the whole lot. So I'm well on with sanding back the existing paintwork and filling the dings and scratches that have emerged



The paint, an economic marine enamel, is on order. Ideally I'd like to do the job with two pack epoxy based paint but that would require a great deal more preparation and really needs to be done indoors.

The weather and work will determine whether I can get everything done in time to relaunch a week on Monday which is my current target. Failing that, it's the 16th of September when the tides are next right to go back in

That wouldn't be the end of the world and if I can get a reasonable finish on the topsides now we can potentially avoid coming out next year (when I'd planned to repaint anyway) altogether

No comments:

Post a Comment