Wednesday 31 August 2016

The steering committee

Was convened this morning

Tony came round to give me a hand with reinstalling the rudder



The job turned out to be easier than I expected and we soon had the rudder back where it should be

The rest of my day was spent putting the steering gear back together, getting the wheel properly aligned (it wasn't before we dismantled the steering!) and trying to sort out the rather stiff steering

I didn't succeed to any significant extent. It's either the cables, the hub or drag from the autohelm drive. Sufficient unto the day as I can sort that out once we're back in the water

I knocked off early for a serious practice session on the guitar getting ready for the gig I'm booked to play a week on Saturday

Then it was off to the pub for food and beer with Tony and Shelagh

No comments:

Post a Comment