Thursday 1 September 2016

It's not foul

Cos it's antifoul



I was on a mission today. Either the topsides had to be painted or two coats of antifoul applied and since the paint hadn't arrived yesterday the antifoul got it

(ideally I'd have preferred to do the topsides first but needs must as time is getting short. She has to be ready to go back in by next Friday before I head off for a few days to do other things)

It was hard graft getting two coats on in a day, aided by the weather which meant the overcoating time was less than 5 hours. There's just the patches under the pit props to do now and that job can be ticked off as finished

Whilst waiting for the first coat to dry I got online and ordered up some vinyl lettering - 3 sets of the boat name (one for each bow and one for the stern) and our home port and registration number to go on the stern

The weather over the weekend is looking a bit variable but I'm hoping to start on the topsides on Sunday or Monday (I've got paying work to do Friday /Saturday)

No comments:

Post a Comment