Thursday 15 September 2016

The water is where it should be...

... On the outside!

First thing this morning, I tackled the last job which was to do the cove line on the port side

Then it was a tidy up and sort out of lines and fenders ready to go back in

I can't find where I've put three of the four heavy duty mooring lines! They must be in the container. I'll worry about that tomorrow as we've got plenty of bits of string that'll do the job

The lads came round before lunch to get Pagan in the hoist and I slapped a quick coat of antifoul on the bottom of the keel before we trundled up to the slip



Shortly before midday, we were in the water



Then it was a thorough leak check before leaving the hoist and happily there weren't any!

Shortly thereafter, Pagan was alongside the river pontoon where I'll spend the night before moving her onto her berth tomorrow

I needed to run the engine in gear for an hour to bed in the new shaft seal and that wouldn't be a good idea on the mud berth

The engine started happily and ran sweetly. Better still, there was no sign of any issues with the new seal either



I must say she does look good alongside!

The afternoon was spent pressure washing the deck to remove the bird droppings that had accumulated since I last did it about ten days ago



I'm a relieved and happy skipper tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment