Wednesday 7 September 2016

Shinier



It was an early start this morning. As soon as it was light enough to see what I was doing I set about flatting off the runs and hard edges where things hadn't gone quite to plan yesterday

Then a wipe down with sugar soap wipes was needed to remove any dust

The humidity was stubbornly staying up in the 90s, far too high to even think about painting. Happily, after lunch, it finally dropped quite dramatically and I was able to get on

After a brief and less than successful attempt to put the second coat on with a brush (bloody expensive brush at that) I suddenly remembered seeing a pack of two 4" varnish rollers in the painting box stashed in the container

Dug then out and happy days, they worked a treat.

The second coat has gone on much better than the first and there's ample paint for a third coat so that's what she'll get tomorrow

With a good thickness of paint to go at, next week I'll have at it with the polisher and some cutting compound

Pleased as punch with today's results but my shoulders aren't half complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment